1 Hour 25 Minutes
- Place unpeeled potatoes in cold, salted water and bring to a simmer and cook for around 30 minutes. Drain and leave to cool. Peel and mash or push through a potato ricer.
- Place potato mixture on a work surface and season with salt and nutmeg. Sprinkle flour, add the egg and work into a smooth dough using tips of your fingers.
- Working with a third of the mixture, place on a floured work surface, roll out a sausage roughly as thick as your finger. Cut 1cm pieces and press with the back of a fork.
- Do the same with remaining dough, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place garlic, cream and stock in a pot and bring to boil. Add both cheeses, melt and simmer on low until thick. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Dry roast pine nuts until golden and leave to cool.
- Place gnocchi in a pot of boiling salted water and cook for around 5 minutes, removing with a slotted spoon as they float to the surface.
- Mix the gnocchi with the cheese sauce, arrange in bowls and served sprinkled with parmesan and pine nuts.