- Boil the potatoes in salted water until cooked (knife can pass through the centre)
- Once cooked, remove and while warm, peel and roughly crush them
- In a pan gently cook the sliced ginger, garlic, chilli, mustard seeds, Chaat masala and peas
- Cook gently and allow the spices to ‘bloom’ together to give a lovely mellow aroma
- Combine with the crushed potatoes and add the coriander
- Form the Tikki cakes and cook on a cast iron pan with a little oil until golden brown
- Serve hot with salad, a great street food treat from the streets of New Dehli!