- Cut onion into small dice, crush garlic. Cut leeks in half length ways, finely slice and wash well, peel potatoes, and cut in quarters
- Heat pot, add oil, sweat onion and garlic for 2-3 mins, add pinch salt
- Add leeks, season with salt and pepper, sweat for 2-3 mins
- Add potatoes, and vegetable/chicken stock to cover, bring to boil, and then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes, check seasoning, add a little more if required
- Preheat grill, slice baguette on an angle, add grated parmesan on top
- Blitz soup with hand blender until pureed smooth, return to heat, check seasoning and add cream, bring back to a boil and take off heat.
- Grill parmesan baguette until golden
- Serve soup in bowls, sprinkled with chives, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and parmesan croute