- Peel potatoes and cut in 1/4, place in a large pot of cold salted water, bring to boil, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- In a pan, cook pancetta over medium heat until crispy, remove and place on absorbent paper towel. Add shallots and garlic to the same pan, and lightly sauté.
- In a bowl, crumble pancetta, add cheese, shallot and garlic, season
- Mash potatoes (or push through a potato ricer) whilst still warm, add to bowl and mix well.
- Season and add sour cream. Serve warm if desired.