8 - 10
- Cook potatoes in the skin until soft (do not boil). Dry potatoes in oven. Peel potatoes while still warm. Press the potatoes with potato press.
- Make a well of potatoes in a bowl. Add eggs and ricotta and slowly kneed into the potatoes. Sprinkle flour over the top and using a butter knife drag the flour thorough the potato mix. Put a finger into the dough and if it comes out clean it’s ready.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape and cut, forming little pillow shapes. Roll on to a floured tray to prevent Gnocchi sticking. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Place Gnocchi into boiling water. When they cook they will float and are ready to be coated.
- Cut cheese into cubes, bring the cream to heat. Stir through cheese cubes. Strain.
- Cut onions garlic and chilli into a fine dice and sweat off.
- Pour in canned tomatoes and reduce.
- With a bar mixer blend the sauce until smooth.