- Preheat oven with heavy roasting tray to 200°C.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 5cm pieces.
- Place potatoes in saucepan on stove top and cover with cold salted water. Bring to boil and simmer for further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile place olive oil on hot roasting tray and heat in oven.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and return to stove top. Over a very low heat, shake potatoes vigorously to roughen and fluff up the edges.
- Carefully place potatoes on hot tray. Work quickly and roll each potato in oil and return roasting tray to oven.
- Roast potatoes for 30 minutes or until lightly golden then take out, turn over and season.
- Return to oven and cook for remaining 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Season once again and serve immediately.