- Preheat oven to 220c. with a roasting tray inside.
- Cut potatoes into 2cm chips, place in a pot of cold salted water and bring to the boil.
- Drain well, dry off excess water, and carefully place in oven tray with 2 tbsp olive oil, and salt. Cook for 10 minutes, then toss chips in pan and return to oven.
- Meanwhile season steak with salt and pepper and heat fry pan on high heat until smoking. Add remaining oil to pan and quickly sear steak on both sides, then place in oven for 6 minutes (for a medium-rare to medium steak).
- Take steak out of oven, check chips, and give a good shake if required. Rest steak for 4-5 minutes, giving chips time to finish cooking.
- Remove chips from oven and crumble blue cheese over. Serve with steak immediately.